Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Infinity Blade Chronicles



With their spellbinding graphics and unique gameplay, Infinity Blade I, II, and III are truly revolutionary mobile games. 

!  (Spoilers ahead, beware!)  !

In Infinity Blade I, you, as a lone knight, must avenge your father's death by killing the tyrannical tyrant who took your dad's life. It's not that easy, though, because you must defeat the King's Titans in order to get to him.
It's almost the same story in Infinity Blade II. You travel around a castle called The Vault of Tears killing ugly enemies and racking up gold to buy better equipment. 
The third installment is a bit different. The game is almost scripted, with different levels unlocked after beating the previous one. This is why my favorite game out of these three is II. It retains the same independent feel of I, but has almost as much content as III.


Infinity Blade II Gameplay


So where do I stand with these games? 
Pros: Mesmerizing graphics, skill based gameplay, large amount of regular and hidden content, great music; done by Imagine Dragons.
Cons: Biggest one is money. Holey cheese, these games are expensive!! Or, they used to be... (quickly checks app store) Okay, they aren't as pricey as they were once, with I being $6, and II and III both being $7. But still, if you want all of them, that's 19 bucks!
Other cons: Slightly grind oriented, and storage! These games all take up one GB or more due to the graphics. 
I also recently figured out that there are graphic novels written by Brandon Sanderson, so if it seems like the storyline doesn't quite fit between games, it's because you're missing whole books worth of info. I myself haven't read the novels, so I can't recommend. Sorry.
You decide for yourself whether the pros outweigh the cons. As for money, I just waited for a holiday sale where III was only $1.
Over all, great games, just a little pricey and space-consuming.

~Daniel




No comments:

Post a Comment